Flora Bora Forest Lodging
Getting there is Half the Fun
Flora Bora Forest Lodging is located near Emma and Christopher Lake on the scenic route to Waskesiu (highway #263) and 8 km off of Highway #2 north. It is approx. one hour and 45 minutes north of Saskatoon and 30 minutes north of Prince Albert.
From Saskatoon and the International Airport
- Approximate driving time 1 hour 45 minutes.
- From Airport Drive turn left on Circle Drive East.
- Turn left on Idylwyld Dr. North.
- Follow signs to Prince Albert on highway #11 North.
- Turn left onto highway #2 when highway #11 ends and head north through Prince Albert.
- Stay on #2 through Prince Albert heading north….
From Prince Albert
- Take #2 Highway North to Emma/Christopher Lake junction turn left on to highway #263
- Travel on #263 approx 8 kms until you see signs for Flora Bora where you will turn left.
Flora Bora’s beautiful yurt lodgings sit amid 30 acres of forests, organic gardens and a small lake. Visitors can explore the nature trails just outside the door, or have a relaxing paddle on Tuddle’s Lake, only steps away. Guest are able to enjoy fresh herbs growing on their decks and are encouraged to pick food from the organic heritage gardens. The self-contained yurts are fully furnished with kitchen, bathroom, all linens, BBQ, bath robes and spacious private decks. Yurts are eco-friendly, circular dwellings adopted from nomadic herdsmen of Asia.
The splendid location in the heart of Lakeland offers the amenities of the neighbouring resort villages, while it is also secluded enough so when its time to relax you’re surrounded by nature and not crowds. The close proximity to the lakes and Prince Albert National Park gives endless options to outdoor adventure like hiking, biking, golf, canoeing, wildlife viewing, sailing, swimming and sunning on a sandy beach. From art galleries to cozy bistros, a number of nearby grocery stores and a weekly farmers market in summer, there are a variety of shopping and restaurant options available in the area.
- You don’t have to drive to a trail head; nature trails start from your yurt.
- We offer cruiser bikes for guests to tour the Emma and Christopher lake area.
- There are canoes available for paddling on Tuddle’s lake.
- Guest are able to enjoy fresh herbs growing on their decks and are encouraged to pick food from the organic heritage gardens.
- For parents with wee ones we have a single and double chariot along with backpack carriers so the whole family can get out and enjoy nature. We also have high chairs, booster seats and a ‘pack and play’ to make travel a little easier.